Charitable Giving 2021: A Year in Review at Legal & General Retirement America
At LGRA, we aim to use our financial strength to not only ensure a secure retirement for our participants, but to also ensure a better future for the communities we work and live in.
A year in review
We are proud to announce that we have raised over $18,000 through our charitable giving initiatives in 2021.
Each year, LGRA participates in annual charitable giving initiatives alongside sister businesses Legal & General America and Legal & General Investment Management America in addition to our UK-based parent company, Legal & General and its Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) division.
Some of the charitable events LGRA has participated in in 2021:
- Summer challenge* – employees across LGRA and LGRI were encouraged to complete various wellness activities and challenges
- Winter wellness initiative* – LGRA and LGRI employees were encouraged to take 30 minutes each day for 30 days to participate in wellness activities and hobbies they enjoy
- Year-end charity drive supporting the Boys & Girls Club of Stamford – comprised of in-person and virtual games and festive activities
- Share the Sunrise event – for watching the sunset and taking a photo, LGRA made a $100 donation to our local National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) chapters in Southwest CT and Frederick MD
- 5k sponsorship – a virtual 5k to support the Boys & Girls Club of Stamford
*As LGRI-organized initiatives, these funds were not included in LGRA’s charitable giving total for 2021.
Corporate social responsibility at LGRA
LGRA strives to support our employees in charity organizations they are passionate about. A few ways we aim to accomplish this is by:
- Offering two paid volunteer days annually for approved volunteer service
- Donation matching
- Taking charitable giving requests to donate to on behalf of LGRA
LGRA’s charitable giving initiatives are all employee-led and a great way for employees to become involved in the process of planning and execution of donations and events.
Learn more about our latest charitable giving initiative here.
About Legal & General Retirement America
Legal & General Retirement America (LGRA) specializes in customized pension risk solutions for institutional clients in the US market. Established in 2015, Legal & General Retirement America is a business unit of Legal & General America, Urbana, MD. Legal & General America life insurance and retirement products are underwritten and issued by Banner Life Insurance Company, Urbana, MD and William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York, Valley Stream, NY. Banner products are distributed in 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. William Penn products are distributed exclusively in New York; Banner does not solicit business there. The Legal & General America companies are part of the worldwide Legal & General Group. CN 02102022-1